It’s hard to believe that it has only been one week since we opened our Minecraft server network.
A lot has changed in the past week,paving the way for lots of new content to be released in the coming weeks.
Let’s take a look at the changes since release day:
- Added 5 new HG maps (Ancient Chasm, Cretacious Lights Out, CCN Central, Merchants Bay and Highlife)
- Added kills to stats on leaderboards
- Add auto lapis to Hunger Games
- Added WorldEdit to plot server
- Added profanity filter with pattern matching and heuristics (intentional bypassing is punishable)
- Improved spawn point order and fixed some bugs in all maps
- Fine-tune anti cheat thresholds
- Fixed map voting bugs
- Fixed deathmatch spectate bug
- Fixed game navigator bug
- Reconfigured permissions on all servers (/nick, /me and /msg have been removed, amongst other things)
- Improved performance
Now that we feel the server is more stable, with fewer game breaking bugs and crashes.
Before I really start focusing 100% on the first major update, there are a few things I plan to release next week.
- Cosmetics in the hub, obtainable with credits which will be earn-able by playing games
- HG fixes, notable in deathmatch, and some anti cheat false positives
- Small HG improvements, like regen on kills, better chest balancing, etc.
I hope that in a week or two, we can start beta testing our next game mode. This will be around the same time that we launch our VIP rank, as a way for people to support the continues development of the server, and fund our hosting costs. More info about that is coming up. Be sure to check our discord too if you’re interested in joining the beta.
All in all I am happy with launch week, and confident that we can continue to increase replay ability and the amount of content on our server. See you all in next week’s update.