I wanted to take a moment to talk about the changes we're making to Hunger Games, which will be released this weekend. We've gotten a lot of feedback about various aspects of this game since launch, and I'm happy to say we were able to act on several of those suggestions. There's a few significant changes we're going to make to start.
Chest Loot Balance
We knew before we launched that chest balancing would be an ongoing process, and I'm almost certain this will continue to be the case. We appreciate the feedback you've given us on this so far. Particularly, I want to thank Discord user Kwegg, who had the excellent suggestion of tiered chests and provided some useful examples. Unfortunately due to time and resource constraints, we were unable to implement that as part of this update, but expect to see some additional changes related to that in the future.
To be specific about the most significant balance changes to chests loot:
- More items in general. This is important because it means that any specific item, rare or common, is less likely to appear than it was. Basically, for a limited number of slots, you're less likely to see the same item twice.
- Cake is rarer in gold chests
- Fishing rods can appear in gold chests
- More crafting components appear in chests
- Diamonds are significantly less common in diamond chests
- Ender pearls are somewhat less common in diamond chests
- Iron swords are slightly less common in diamond chests
- Gold, and Chain armor are more common in diamond chests (This also makes everything else slightly less common)
We have also added a rare "Easter Egg" that requires components from both diamond and gold chests, but we'll leave you to discover that.
To reiterate, I would be astonished if this was the last balancing tweak we had to make for Hunger Games, and I appreciate your patience and help in getting it right. Outside of balancing, we've made some other improvements.
Quality of Life Improvements
- Chests no longer open when left clicked/attacked
- Chests display damage when they are not full
- Lobbies display required number of players required to start
- TNT now does even damage across its radius, instead of quickly falling off as you get further from it.
- TNT Explosions are now 30% cooler.
I hope you all enjoy these changes when they go live, and I look forward to continue improving and adding more content.