Today I am happy to share with you, what we have been working on for the past week.
We have some pretty big news to share, and some exciting sneak peaks related to yet another Hunger Games update.
Over the past week, we have worked on flushing out hunger games and making plans regarding the launch of the server. We have also teamed up with Youtooz to bring some PDX-style hunger games action to this year's Christmas holiday.
Youtooz.com, the company that brings you collectables of your favorite content creators, is working together with us in their upcoming Minecraft holiday event. We will be bringing our HungerGames maps and gameplay to Youtooz and help them to run a successful community event. More information about joining this event can be found on their community discord.
This week we have made quite a few changes to HungerGames. The overarching theme of these changes has been to expand upon the basic game-play by introducing familiar and entirely new features to enhance gameplay.
We made the following changes:
- Added support for 1.8 - 1.12 (though 1.13 is still recommended)
- Added one-shot bow kills, at a distance of over 39 blocks players are killed with just one shot!
- Added formatted chat for alive and spectating players
- Added a sidebar with game and player statistics
- Server name
- HG rank (based on total games won)
- Time left
- Remaining players
- Added lightning on player death
- Added flint and steel, bows and arrows to loot table
- Added custom death messages which displays player kills
- Moved grace period countdown from chat to action bar
- Added "new" map: Jurassic Lights Out
- Added new death match arena
- Bug fixes
In the coming week, I will be working extra-hard to polish hunger games and start working on hub features, as well as making necessary preparations for the Youtooz collaboration.
We beta tested most of the new changes today, and tomorrow we will perform additional tests that are all intended to improve loot table balancing, and introduce a separate loot tier for diamond chests.
If you have time tomorrow at 9PM UTC, be sure to visit our discord and join the tests.